GRADE ‘B’ INDUSTRIAL GRADE WITH ADHESIVE TAPE BACKING: Our most popular material grade. Virtually all chemical services. 95% graphite minimum. 100 PPM leachable chloride maximum. Monolithic sheet, no binders or resins, mechanical bond.
Material: 0.015" thick crinkled graphite ribbon with adhesive tape backing. Less than 100 PPM leachable chlorides.
• It’s all graphite
• It’s self lubricating
• It’s corrosive resistant
• It’s free from resins, fillers and binders .
• It won’t soften, carbonize, chalk, shrink, lint, harden or cold flow
• It dissipates heat
• It withstands high pressures
• It will operate leak-free
• It’s dimensionally stable at all temperatures
Consider these Benefits
• It’s easy to install. Simply wind ribbon around the shaft until the desired thickness is attained. Stuffing box dimensions do not have to be taken.
• Operates leak-free
• No pump dismantling required as with a mechanical seal
• One packing for all pumps and valves
• No packing required just add rings
• Minimum inventory
• Less shaft wear
• Less down time
• Faster break-in
• Fewer sizes to stock
• Less friction
• Cooler running
- Additional Information
For a complete packing cross reference list, please see our Packing Cross Reference Guide.